Wednesday 3 June 2009

Something New

"It's the start of something new. It feels so right to be here with you." - High School Musical

I was posting a comment on Jason Mraz's blog today and ended up taking a fun tour though the labyrinth of blogspot. I ended up on my own personal page, which I completely forgot I ever created, and here I am typing up my first blog.

I'm not really one for typing. I've kept handwritten journals periodically since the age of 8 and although I've considered transferring over to an online blog, or Word text file, or something of the sort, I've never been fully capable of making the switch. For a few months during my Sophomore year of High School I did write entries in a little journal I had saved as a Word file, but that fell through. There's just something about putting pen to paper that feels good to me and I think I'd miss it too much if I was typing all the time. It took me years with computer access before I began to completely write school papers on the computer. Up until about a year ago I always wrote out drafts of papers before typing them later. But, I'm one for change, and up for anything, so here begins my first internet blog. (I often start sentences with "But," and I don't care what anyone ever tells me about it, I don't find anything wrong with it!)

So I've been tossed into summer pretty slowly this year. Although it's been "summer" for me for a while, it hasn't felt like summer up until recently. I finished up Uni classes a month ago and have been sleeping, working, eating, and occasionally having good times since then. Being back in my hometown isn't exactly my ideal place to be for the summer but it hasn't been too bad. I miss my school friends a lot but I do love having the time to see my friends here more often. I've even been spending time with family a lot more, which is new for me.

After London being home was weird. Actually, beyond weird would be a better description. So weird that although I've lived here my whole life I didn't feel like I had a life here at all. I knew I had great friends and a family that adored me, but the UK had become my home over those few months and it was hard to leave behind the life I had there. Living on campus in Glenside second semester made the transition of coming home a little better. I wasn't thrown back into New Jersey for an extended period of time yet, which was good for me. Now that I'm here for a few months straight it's odd fitting back into what used to be. It's like I grew into something new while I was away, something different, something bigger than I was before. And now, now I'm trying to squeeze my new self into the place where my old self resided. Imagine a size 2 pair of pants, and then going on vacation (Let's say a Cruise vacation... lots of new experiences there, and delicious food) and coming home a size 6 and trying to aqueeze into your pants. They're your pants. You love them and want them so much. Yet it just doesn't fit and even though you try, you know it 'aint happenin.

Anyway, I'll stop with the babling about me and change and whatever the hell I was meaning to say. I'm here for the summer and I'm planning on making the best of it. It not my favorite place on earth, but that doesn't mean I'll let my summer suck. I'm already planning on the next few months becoming a summer to certainly remember and I really can't wait for what the world has to offer me. I'll find my own adventures, create some miraculous memories, and maybe keep track on them on here.

Afterall, happiness IS just around the corner, isn't it?

K

No comments:

Post a Comment